CADD (Computer Aided Design & Drafting) Laboratory
A small sampling of software presently supported includes:
- Solidworks, and AutoCAD for computer aided design and drafting.
- Pro-Mechanica and Cosmos for finite element analysis
- Rhinoceros for 3-D modeling and CAM interfacing.
- Excel, and Maple for mathematical analysis.
Working Model for kinematic analysis,
- Lab VIEW for Instrumentation, Measurement and Control
- The Microsoft Office Suite for Word Processing, Graphing, Database Management, etc.
- Various other applications
The CADD lab houses 25 networked computers running Windows XP software. Laser and ink-jet printers and large-format plotters support the laboratory. This heavily used instructional laboratory supplements the adjacent Design Lab which shares nearly all software applications.