Pharmacy Profession involves Science, Health Care System, Information Technology, Business, Mathematics and Counseling etc. This Profession offers a place for pharmacists out on the front lines, offering services during natural disasters, epidemics, and other crises.
Being Health-related services provider, Pharmacists are the most highly trusted professionals.
There is a need for pharmacists in a wide variety of work settings: community pharmacies, hospitals, long-term care facilities, the pharmaceutical industry, mail order pharmacy centers, managed care organizations, and government agencies (Department of Defense, Department of Veterans Affairs, and Public Health Service).
This is a recession proof branch; pharmacists are consistently in demand, even in times of economic downturns, war, political reform and natural disasters, so there is a relatively high level of job security that comes with a career in pharmacy
FUTURE IN PHARMACY
There is wide range of career options like Medical Representative, Registered Chemist, manufacturing of drugs or cosmetics etc. Health care delivery also provide platform to the pharmacist for entering in various fields of R&D, F&D, DRA, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Pharmacovigilance, Clinical Research etc. A diploma holder is qualified to obtain license for manufacturing of cosmetics, Druggist, Chemist Shop and repacking of drugs and wholesale of drugs. Apart from this, the pharmacists can also find employment in the chemical industry and food & drug control organizations.
In the visionary of management in near future SGTCP may be added with PG program (M. Pharma) in different specializations, Pharm- D and research programs (Ph.D.) etc.
WHY SGT COLLEGE OF PHARMACY of SGT UNIVERSITY
- University Campus is having different courses with varying diversity, which shows holistic enviornment that makes the student all rounder .
- Uviversity provide the platform to the students for interaction with Celebrities, Industrialists, that makes students better human being for serving the nation.
- Advance Teaching Methodology is adopted for delivering the course curicula.
- Extension Lectures are based on the Theory & Practical aspects of syllabus by the Industrial persons (Corporate/R&D/F&D/R&A) and Academicians.
- Exposure to Industries, Conferences and Workshops.
- Hands on practices for dispensing of drugs in Hospital.
- Fully equipped laboratories for conducting the experiments
Conventional Career Options
- Sales & Marketing (MBA will be advantages)
- Manufacturing Chemist
- Quality Control/ Quality Assurance
- Medical Department
- Training and Development
- Hospital Pharmacists in Private & Government Organization
- Community Pharmacist (working in Drug Store or Retail pharmacy)
- Drug inspector / Government Analyst