Dr. Mukesh Kumar
A well known face of Indian television Dr. Mukesh Kumar has almost 30 years experience in media which includes 23 years in electronic media. He is one and only person in India who has launched 7 news channels. The channels are Sahara, S1, VOI-MP&CG and VOI-Rajasthan, Maurya TV, News Express and India Watch.
Dr. Mukesh has hosted many shows for various news channels. Among his most popular shows are Rajneeti, Shatranj Ke Khiladi, Baat Bolegi, Kahi-Ankahi, Sammukh, and Aapki Baithak. He was also host of very popular breakfast show called Subah Savere on national network of Doordarshan. He has produced/directed several documentaries and a Tele film called KANTHA based on Bhairav Prasad Gupt’s short story Gatti Bhagat. He also played a role in KANTHA.
Dr. Mukesh is well known writer and Poet. He is writing regular columns for prestigious magazines like Hans, Naya Gyanodaya, Pakhi, Deshbandhu, Lokmat Samachar and Duniya In Dino. He wrote many short stories and also writing a novel. His poetry collection SADHO JAG BAURANA was well appreciated in literary circles as well as readers.
He is also closely associated with the teaching of journalism and involved in various media workshops. He was founding Director of News Express Media Academy which was imparting training of TV techniques He wrote many books on journalism and also writing columns on media for reputed magazines for many years.
Prof. Mukesh has done his Ph.D. in Media from Lucknow University. He did research work for Jhons Hopkins University, USA.
He has started his TV career as Editorial Chief for weekly magazine called PARAKH produced by well known anchor Mr. Vinod Dua. Later he worked for APCA and Moving Picture Company where he associated with several programs like First Edition, Second Edition, Filhal, Kahi Ankahi, India this Week and Subah Savere as correspondent, producer, anchor and bureau chief.
Before joining electronic media he has worked for several publications as well. He was founder Editor of Hindi daily Sentinel published from Guwahati, Executive Editor of fortnightly magazine Samay Sutradhar and Assistant Editor, Naiduniya.
- TRP, TV News and Media.
- Writing a Series on TV journalism. First two books of the series are all ready published from Rajkamal Prakashan. The Titles of the books are-TELEVISION KI KAHANI AND KHABRE VISTAR SE and CHANELO KE CHEHRE.
- Lahooluhan Afghanistan- English to Hindi translation of “Afghanistan Buzkashi” by well known defense expert Shreedhar and journalist Mahesh Vaidya.
- Bharat ki Aatma- English to Hindi translation of “Genius of India” by the French writer Guy Sorman.
- Dasta Ke Barah Baras, Hindi translation of Twelve Years a Slave.
- A collection of writings on Television news and programs is under publication.
- A collection of poetry Sadho Jag Baurana published recently.
Three books Media Manthan, Media Trial and Nindak Niyre Rakhiye are under publication.
- Wrote column on media for well known literary magazine HANS for 8 years.
- Writing columns for Pakhi, Naya Gyanoday, Duniya In dino and Deshbandhu.
- Writing satirical bolg FAKE ENCOUNTER for Navbharattimes.com