“MICROSCOPIC INSIGHT OF MACROSCOPIC MALADY”
The Department of Oral Pathology & Microbiology deals with the teaching of Dental Anatomy, Oral Histology and Oral Pathology to the Undergraduate and Post graduate students and deals with the Investigations and diagnosis of diseases. The department efficiently provides cytopathological and histopathological reports of oral and aboral structures for a variety of lesions such as premalignant and malignant lesions, soft tissue tumours, odontogenic cysts and tumours.
The goal of the department is to train a specialist who is able to:
• Provide the highest level of microscopy diagnostic skills utilizing, when appropriate, new technologies in immunohistochemistry and molecular studies
• Diagnose and Manage patients with mucosal disease and head and neck pain syndromes whose primary treatment modality is nonsurgical
• Compete successfully for research grants from industry and other sponsoring institutions; and
• Excel as teachers and leaders in the specialty
Work undertaken in department
Our objective is to motivate undergraduates towards fundamentals in oral biology.
- The department is involved in teaching 1st Year, 2nd Year, 3rd Year BDS students. Students are taught subjects of Oral Embryology & Histology, Oral Pathology and Forensic Dentistry.
- Students are encouraged to present case reports of special cases.
- PG Programme was established in the year 2009.
- The overall goal for post graduate programme is to train a specialist who is able to:
- Provide highest level of microscopy diagnostic skills utilizing appropriate new technologies
- Oral Cancer Screening
- Diagnosis and management of patients with syndromes
- Encourage post graduate students to learn about modern teaching techniques to upgrade and enhance the teaching methodology by attending and conducting various workshops.
- To compete for research grants from various sponsoring bodies